- 1970 to 1973 — Residency in Psychiatry at Payne Whitney Clinic Psychiatric Division, New York Hospital, Cornell University Medical College, New York, NY. Training included inpatient and outpatient adult psychotherapy, group and individual, as well as adolescent and child psychiatry. Physician in charge of 22 bed inpatient unit, one year; psychiatric consult to abortion unit, New York Lying-In Hospital, one year.
- 1969 to 1970 — Rotating Internship, Hartford Hospital, Hartford, CT
- 1965 to 1969 — M.D., George Washington School of Medicine, Washington, DC
- 1961 to 1965 — B.A., New York University, University Heights College of Arts & Sciences, New York, NY
- March 11, 1996 — State of Florida, Division of Workers' Compensation Certification
- 1975 to Present — Diplomate, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- 1975 to Present — Member, American Psychiatric Association
- 1975 to Present — Florida Psychiatric Society
- 1976 to 2004 — Member, Florida Medical Association
- 1976 to 2001 — Member, American Medical Association
- 1975 to 2004 — Member, Dade County Medical Association
- 1976 to Present — Psychiatrist in Private Practice, Miami, FL. Provide full-time outpatient and inpatient care. Also Forensic Psychiatrist and expert witness providing services to both plaintiff and defense counsel.
- 2001 to 2002 — Medical Director, Psychiatric Inpatient Unit, Grant Center, Columbia Deering Hospital, Miami, FL. Supervised the psychiatric care rendered on the inpatient, adult psychiatric unit.
- 1997 to 1999 — Medical Director, Psychiatric Partial Hospitalization Program, Columbia Deering Hospital, Miami, FL. Supervised the psychiatric care rendered on the inpatient, adult psychiatric partial hospitalization unit.
- 1997 to 1997 — Chief of Staff, Columbia Deering Hospital, Miami, FL. As Chief Administrative Officer of the Medical Staff, represented the medical staff in dealings with the hospital. As Chairman of the Medical Executive Committee and Credentials Committee, served on the Board of Directors helping to determine hospital policy on issues regarding other physicians.
- 1978 to 1990 — Medical Director, CHI Community Mental Health Center, Miami, FL. Direct responsibility for supervision of medical care at mental health center, treatment and evaluation of patients, supervision of staff, training of students, writing grants and obtaining funds for CMHC. Liaison with other mental health providers in Dade County and Florida.
- 1976 to 1978 — Staff Psychiatrist, CHI Community Mental Health Center, Miami, FL.
- 1975 to 1976 — Psychiatric Consultant, St. Luke's Center, Miami, FL. Consulting at methadone clinic involved evaluation of patients, supervision of psychotherapy, in-service education, and policy-making for planning delivery of services.
- 1973 to 1975 — Psychiatric Consultant, Lee-Harnett Mental Health Center, Sanford, NC. Provided adult, adolescent, and child psychotherapy; school consultations; and brief psychotherapy.
- 1972 to 1973 — Half-time Elective Experience, Guidance Center, New Rochelle, NY. Community mental health center – crisis intervention, brief psychotherapy, adolescent and child psychotherapy, school consultation.
- 1980 to 1982 — Clinical Instructor, Department of Family Medicine, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL
- 1977 to Present — Columbia Deering Hospital — Jackson South Community Hospital (as of 7/01), Miami, FL
- 1977 to Present — Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL
- 1986 to Present — Baptist Hospital, Miami, FL (Affiliate)
- 1984 to Present — South Miami, Miami, FL (Affiliate)
- 1973 to 1975 — Major, Army Medical Corps, Fort Bragg, NC. Chief, inpatient psychiatric service, 36 beds - one year. Chief, Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Program, which included 15 bed inpatient unit, 16 bed halfway house, and 300 patient outpatient facility - one year.